Seeo is a fast-growing rechargeable lithium battery company based in Hayward, CA. With a team of world-class scientists and engineers, Seeo is moving full speed toward revolutionizing electricity storage and delivery. We are currently looking for a R&D Technician – Mixing and Coating, to support cell fabrication and testing, as well as materials preparation and characterization. This is a fantastic opportunity to get in at the ground level and help shape an exciting company!
Definition of Role & Primary Responsibilities:
The R&D Technician will be responsible for the efficient execution of a part of the lithium battery pilot line process. S/he will operate the pilot line machinery, learn the processes, and use various types of hand and power tools in fabricating lithium batteries in accordance with pilot line drawings and documents. R&D Technicians need to do any/all tasks deemed necessary by their supervisor for the safe and efficient operation of the company.
This position will require:
- Handling parts and building batteries by following the standard operating procedures
- Conducting hands-on technical support for a variety of routine tasks
- Operating equipment and following all safety procedures and protocols
- Maintain the workstation to keep it clean and organized
- Assisting engineers in the testing of prototype products
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Sitting or standing for two to three hours at a time in a dry room/cleanroom environment
- Some duties may require the technician to lift up to 50lbs
- Level of comfort handling chemicals
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Associates Degree in a technical field is preferred; high school diploma required
- 2+ years of work experience in an R&D/production lab environment is a plus
- Mixing and/or coating experience is a plus
- Basic computer skills; familiar with Excel and Word
- Team player – work as part of the production team and assist team members in efficient execution of the processes
The technician will be working in a dry room and will be required to wear protective gear. Seeo puts safety first, and will provide the employee with engineering control, personal protective equipment, and safety procedures to limit exposure to the following: moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic and/or caustic chemicals, high voltage and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- We recognize that every employee is absolutely critical to our mission, and are dedicated to the personal and professional development of every individual on board.
- We’re committed to integrity, excellence, hard work, and continuous improvement, but believe that these can and must go hand–in-hand with fun, creativity, imagination, and healthy living.
- We’re conscious of environmental and social sustainability in our business practices.
- We are an equal opportunity employer.
- We’re located in Hayward, CA, just off the Highway 92 Clawiter Rd exit.
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org